The Parke County Council consists of seven councilmen. There are four council districts with one Councilman being elected for each district. There are three Councilmen who are not elected to a specific district these Councilmen are elected "at-large". County Councilmen are elected for a four year term on a staggered basis.
The Parke County Council has the financial power in the county, including:
- Appropriating all funds for use by the county.
- Adoption of optional taxes - including Local Income Tax and Wheel Tax.
- Exclusive power of fixing the county rate of taxation.
- Adoption of the county budget.
- The setting of salaries of officers, deputies and employees payable from county funds.
The Parke County Councilmen are:
- Jim Rahn - President (765) 344 - 1608
- John Pratt - Vice President (765) 344 - 1312
- J.B. Butler (765) 569 - 6810
- Larry Gambaiani (765) 569 - 5624
- Rick Patton (765) 498 - 4737
- Thomas E. Stambaugh (765) 569 - 6800
- Max Williams (765) 548 - 2070